Extremely smooth and creamy this blueberry cheesecake is speckled with blueberries and has an amazing crust made from crunchy gingersnap cookies.
Delectable Blueberry Cheesecake Loaf
Cheesecake has got to be one of my all time favourite desserts. I just love how the filling is so rich, so creamy, so smooth and velvety, with every mouthful being an OMG moment. And to make the filling in my recipe even more amazing I have blended the blueberries into the filling mixture so every bite is bursting with flavour.
And then there is the base, buttery, crunchy and filled with ginger and spice flavours from the gingersnap cookies. The contrast of flavours and texture are just so damn amazing you will not be able to stop at one slice. If you love blueberry recipes you might like to try our healthy Blueberry Yogurt Whole-wheat Muffins too!
- 2oz (60g) butter melted
- 6oz (170g) ginger snaps cookies
- 18oz (500g) cream cheese
- 4½oz (125g) sour cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- Heat oven to 320(160C). Line a rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper. The tin I used for this recipe was 5½” x 9½”.
- In a food processor process the gingersnap cookies until they resemble a breadcrumb like consistency. This should take at least 2 or 3 minutes but could be longer depending on your food processor. Tip the mixture into a bowl and add the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Tip the cookie crumb and butter mixture into the lined loaf pan and spread and press down evenly to create the cheesecake base. You can use the back of a spoon or your hands to do this. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To create the filling simply add the cream cheese, sour cream, blueberries, sugar and eggs to the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. The mixture should be nice and silky.
- When the base has been chilled pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Allow the mixture to settle evenly in the pan then place in the oven for 30 minutes or until just set in the middle. Remove from oven and cool on bench top for 1 hour before transferring to refrigerator to cool overnight.