These dark and white chocolate cranberry cookies are the best ever. Super soft, ultra chewy and exploding with lots and lots of chocolate and dried cranberries. Do I need to say more?
I think not!!!
Hey guys, I hope you have all been having an awesome week so far. I have been super busy attacking my jungle of a garden. It seems to have exploded over night due to the perfect ratio of rain and sun that has been alternating through out the week. And like no jokes, but some things have honestly grown like a whole bodies length in a week. It’s scary I tell ya.
So I’ve been out there doing a couple of half day stints to try and get it back to a respectable level, but god it is hard work. All that chopping and pulling, lifting and squatting, by the time I’m done for the day I am absolutely exhausted and are so in need of a sugar hit to get me through the rest of the afternoon. And this is where these scrumptious cookies come into the story.
Lately these guys have been on the top of my sugar hit baking list and have possible been making an appearance a little bit to often. But really I’m not complaining because they are seriously amazing and are everything you want a good cookie to be. Soft, chewy and packed with lots of add ins. I have been tweaking and playing around with this recipe for quite a while now. Adding this subtracting that, until I came to the decision that I had created the perfect mix.
And I love them!!!
And Jason loves them!!!
And Michael loves them!!!
And my workmates love them!!!
And I hope you guys are going to love them just as much!!!
And I couldn’t think of a better time to share them with you guys. Cause I recon these dark and white chocolate cranberry cookies are the perfect flavor combination for the festive season that is just around the corner.
The things that I think you are going to love the most about these dark and white chocolate cranberry cookies are all to do with the texture and of course the flavor.
They are so super soft and buttery thanks to the short cooking time and perfect ratios of ingredients. They also have an added chew factor, which comes down to the brown sugar in the dough. Most recipe use a mixture of white and brown sugar but I really like the extra chew that only using brown sugar gives to the baked cookie.
And then there is the close to excessive amount of chocolate and dried cranberries that I stuff into each one. The bitterness from the dark chocolate combined with the sweetness of the white chocolate and the tartness of the dried cranberries is everything. The absolute perfect match of flavors.
And I suggest eating a couple of them a few minutes after leaving the oven, while the chocolate is still all melty and the dough is still warm and super, super soft. OMG… talk about a heavenly moment. And if you don’t get tempted to eat them all at this stage, something I have no experience with 😉, then they should last up to a week when kept in an air tight container in a cool dry place.
If you make these and love them, then let me know by writing a comment below. I love hearing from you guys. And if you are a chocolate and cranberry fan like myself then you should give my CHOCOLATE, CRANBERRY, ALMOND AND CASHEW NO-BAKE SLICE a go. Or if cookies are your thing then you should definitely try my super soft PEANUT M&M COOKIES out.
- 3¼ oz (90g) butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 free range egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 (175C). Line cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30-40 seconds, until it is in a liquid form.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Using a Hand beater cream together till it becomes pale in colour.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until you can't see egg anymore. Don't over beat the mixture or the cookies will lose their softness.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt to mixture. Mix ingredients together with a wooden spoon until it is crumbly. Then knead dough with hands until it creatures a ball. Add in dark and white chocolate and dried cranberries
- Roll dough into 15 same sized balls and place evenly spaced onto cookie tray. Flatten lightly with hand. Cook in oven for 12-13 minutes. They should be a lightly tanned colour when removed. Cool on tray for ½ an hour. Or just dig in.