As you may know this week one of my blog posts was about how to make the most gloriously nutty roast pumpkin chunks. And now that you know how to make these beauties into a side dish I thought I better introduce you to a meal option. And if you missed the post, don’t worry yourself, you can check it out at HOW TO: ROAST PUMPKIN CHUNKS
This salad recipe is simply delectable. With its big orangey pumpkin chunks that have been infused with the nutty and peppery flavors of the toasted cumin seeds. Then like a match made in heaven it is joined with crumbles of creamy feta. What is the crunch you ask? Well it’s a simple everyday ingredient and without it the texture of the dish would have a mushy mouth feel. The answer: crunchy raw carrot, sliced up into little half moon pieces.
These three ingredients are placed into a bed of mixed lettuce leaves and tossed gently with a sweet balsamic dressing. The sharpness of the dressing adds a depth of flavor to this simple salad. This salad can be eaten with the pumpkin hot or cold, it’s up to you. Once dressed eat immediately to avoid soggy lettuce.
- 1 x ROAST PUMPKIN CHUNKS
- 7 oz (200g) feta cheese cubed
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- 6 handfuls lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Prepare the ROAST PUMPKIN CHUNKS.
- Place the lettuce in a large mixing bowl; add the pumpkin, feta and carrot.
- Add the balsamic dressing, season and toss the salad.