These super cute mini haloumi and chicken kabobs are easy to make, have a fantastic
Mediterranean taste and are the perfect choice for feeding a crowd.
Whenever I have a social gathering coming up my mind starts to race with what I should make or bring.
I just don’t know.
So I usually end up making all of the above but with one addition, these delicious crowd-pleasers.
Yummy Haloumi and Chicken Kabobs
These haloumi and chicken kabobs are incredibly easy to make.
All you have to do is make the skewers then bath them in a simple marinade of lemon and fresh oregano.
Once that’s done you can just pop them in a hot pan to seal them and then into the oven to finish them off.
It’s just that easy.
And if your having an outdoor gathering and there happens to be a BBQ or grill around just cook them on that, just remember to soak the bamboo skewers in warm water for about 20 minutes before making these up, it will prevent them from burning!
- 7oz (200g) Haloumi cheese
- 2 free range chicken breasts (around 16oz or 450g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking
- 20 bamboo skewers 6 inch (15cm)
- Heat oven to 400 (200C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper if cooking the skewers inside. Alternately if, you are cooking outdoors on a grill, make the skewers up according to this recipe and cook for around 5 minutes on each side until done.
- Cut the haloumi cheese into ¾ inch cubes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips approximately ½ an inch wide and 5 inches long and place in a mixing bowl with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon zest and oregano. Season and mix well.
- Make the skewers threading in a S-shape starting with the end of a chicken strip, then a piece of haloumi, chicken again, then haloumi finishing with chicken.
- Place a frypan over a medium to high heat and cook the skewers with olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side before transferring to the baking tray. You will need to do this in 2 or more batches. Place them in the oven and cook for about 8 minutes until done.