This meal contains 2 highly nutritious and keto-friendly ingredients—asparagus and shrimp.
Asparagus is a good source of copper, folate, and vitamin K, while shrimp contains a healthy amount of omega-3 fat and vitamin B12.
The process involved in making this dish is pretty straightforward.
So let’s get right to it.
- 9 oz Shrimp
- 3.5 oz Asparagus fresh
- 3 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- 3 slices Lemon optional
- Set your oven to 375F and allow to preheat.
- Thoroughly wash the shrimp and devein. Place inside a container or baking dish with the asparagus. Top it with lemon if you so wish. Place in the preheated oven and allow to bake for 10 minutes.
- When the shrimp becomes opaque and pink, sprinkle some melted butter on top of the shrimp and to the asparagus, drizzle grated parmesan.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy!
- If you choose to use canned asparagus, remember not to cook it for long. This means, when you add the canned asparagus, wait for just a couple of minutes before adding butter and parmesan. Parmesan can also be replaced with cheddar. If you feel the fat in this recipe is too much for your liking, you can reduce the quantity of butter or just leave it out completely.