Dinner today is the keto version of the famous eggplant kebab.
Ensure that you prepare your eggplant kebab at home because the amount of flour in many of the kebabs sold is very high, thereby increasing the carbohydrate.
This particular recipe includes some crushed garlic to spice the dish up a bit.
You may choose to serve the eggplant keto kebab with leafy greens.
Or you may want to simply add some lemon juice to it before serving.
- 1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 large Eggplant
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Soaked Wooden Skewers
- Carefully cut the eggplants into round shapes with roughly half-inch thickness.
- To remove the bitterness, shake over a good amount of salt on it and allow for about 10 minutes.
- Put the ground beef in a large bowl together with the eggs, thyme, oregano, black pepper, chili, olive oil, garlic, onions, parsley, and of course, salt. Now use your hands to properly mix all the ingredients together. Make the mixture into patties that will eventually fit inside the eggplant slices.
- Use the 3 tbsp of oil to brush a grill pan. Place the pan over medium-high heat and allow to preheat.
- Remove the eggplants from the water after thoroughly rinsing them. Ensure to squeeze gently to remove excess liquid.
- Twist the slices of eggplant and the meatballs together onto the skewers. Place inside the grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Allow it to cook for about 15 minutes occasionally flipping them around to make they are properly cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you don’t like eggplants, you can simply replace them with zucchini, onions, bell peppers, etc. However, if you choose to use bell peppers, do keep in mind that too much of it will increase your carb intake.