This is definitely the dinner your family will remember!
The main ingredients for this are the chicken breast and pork rind.
It looks somewhat complicated to prepare, but when you get into the actual preparation, it is not quite as complex as it appears.
To get 3 servings, I choose to use 3 chicken breasts that are skinless and boneless.
You may want to use just a single large chicken breast.
In that case, simply cut it lengthwise into 3 pieces.
- 11 oz Chicken Breast
- 2 oz Pork Rinds ground
- 2 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Oregano Powder
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven to preheat at 375F.
- In a small mortar, put the garlic, pepper, and oregano powder and crush. Add salt and mix the spices together. Adequately marinate the chicken breast with the mixed condiments.
- To make the batter, crack the eggs and beat in a bowl. Set aside.
- Generously spread the pork rinds on a flat plate or board.
- Take one marinated chicken breast and dip it in the egg. Allow the beaten egg to coat the chicken breast. Take it out and shake to remove surplus liquid.
- Cover the chicken breast with the pork rind by rolling the chicken breast on the rind. Do the same for the remaining chicken breasts.
- On a baking sheet, carefully arrange the chicken breasts. Place in the preheated oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes. If you do not want to bake the chicken, you can choose to fry or pan sear it.
- Remove from the oven when the meat is thoroughly cooked. Now apply some good quantity of mozzarella cheese and also add some marinara sauce to the chicken top. Place in oven again and allow to bake for 10 minutes. When it turns golden and the cheese is melted, remove from oven and allow to cool a bit.
- Serve in a platter and enjoy.
- For the pork rinds, you can use unflavored pork rinds crushed to crumbs in a sealable bag to coat the chicken breast. You can also use pork dust to the same. Eating this with some fresh salad is very healthy.