The idea that a healthy meal is not supposed to be appealing or tasty is a gross misunderstanding.
If you do take the time to experiment, you will be pleasantly surprised that even though you are on a keto diet, there are lots of options you can explore to have healthy and keto-friendly meals that look both appealing and are very tasty at the same time.
We shall approach dinner today with this understanding and follow a recipe that is both healthy and appealing to the senses.
Plus your family and friends who aren’t on a keto diet will enjoy this stuffed chicken breast.
This recipe is packed full of high-quality protein to help with muscle gain.
If you are running low on your daily protein target, this is a great meal to boost protein intake.
The protein content from the chicken breast is healthy for your body.
Garlic Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breast approximately 3 breasts
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup Tomato Basil Sauce optional
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp Cheese shredded
- Wash the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Place a small frying pan on a stove set at medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chopped garlic, cherry tomatoes, and lastly spinach. Allow it to cook until the spinach becomes soft.
- Now make deep cuts in the chicken breasts. Stuff the deep cuts with pepper, salt, and optionally tomato basil sauce. Add to that cooked spinach and a tablespoon of cheese. Fasten the cuts with toothpicks.
- Without cooking the chicken, allow it to brown in the small frying pan. Now transfer the chicken to a deep tray and add the remainder of the olive oil.
- Spread the sauce on the chicken evenly. Cover it with a foil.
- Preheat your oven to 375F and allow it to cook until it is done.
- Lastly, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the chicken. Place it back in the oven and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove and allow to cool a bit.
- Serve and enjoy.