The second filling for today is the delicious grilled stuffed zucchini.
This meal will be loved by all keto dieters as well as non-keto dieters as well.
If you do not want to grill this, you can bake it.
For extra spiciness, you can add some red pepper accompanied with some mushrooms too.
- 7 oz Bacon
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 medium Zucchinis
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion chopped
- 1/2 medium Onion chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchinis into halves lengthwise. Remove the pulp and wash to make the insides clean and empty ready to be filled.
- Use 2 teaspoons of olive oil to coat the zucchini slices. Set aside.
- Cut the pulp and bacon into small pieces
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a skillet then sauté the pulp, onion, bacon, and garlic. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Allow it to cook while stirring for about 2 minutes or until it turns a golden brown then remove from heat.
- Fill the empty shells of the zucchini with the cooked mixture. Top it up with some shreds of cheddar cheese and chopped spring onion.
- Place the stuffed zucchinis over medium heat. Allow to grill for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat when the zucchini becomes tender.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.
- If you so choose, you can use ground beef in place of bacon. Ham will also make a good replacement for bacon.