The second filling for today is the delicious grilled stuffed zucchini.
This meal will be loved by all keto dieters as well as non-keto dieters as well.
If you do not want to grill this, you can bake it.
For extra spiciness, you can add some red pepper accompanied with some mushrooms too.
Grilled Zucchini Stuffed with Bacon
- 7 oz Bacon
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 medium Zucchinis
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion chopped
- 1/2 medium Onion chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchinis into halves lengthwise. Remove the pulp and wash to make the insides clean and empty ready to be filled.
- Use 2 teaspoons of olive oil to coat the zucchini slices. Set aside.
- Cut the pulp and bacon into small pieces
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a skillet then sauté the pulp, onion, bacon, and garlic. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Allow it to cook while stirring for about 2 minutes or until it turns a golden brown then remove from heat.
- Fill the empty shells of the zucchini with the cooked mixture. Top it up with some shreds of cheddar cheese and chopped spring onion.
- Place the stuffed zucchinis over medium heat. Allow to grill for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat when the zucchini becomes tender.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.
- If you so choose, you can use ground beef in place of bacon. Ham will also make a good replacement for bacon.