The beauty of keto is that you can take a high-carb dish, tweak a few ingredients, and come up with a keto-friendly version of the same dish.
That’s exactly what this recipe does.
Dinner today is low-carb tacos, and to make it extremely keto, this recipe includes cheese shells instead of the regular flour used in making the tortillas.
Making the topping of this dish is simple.
Just cook ground beef, add lettuce, onion, tomato, and sliced avocado.
Don’t forget bacon too. Optionally, you can use sour cream or mayonnaise too.
If you do not want to use ground beef, you can use chicken for the topping and use sour cream, salt, lime juice, and blended avocado to make the sauce.
If you like to have more flavors, you can add coriander leaves and some slices of jalapenos.
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 slice Crispy Bacon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/3 cup Tomato
- 1/3 cup Avocado chopped
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Jalapenos sliced (optional)
- Mayonnaise for topping
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese to use as cheese shells
- Place a frying pan on a stove set to medium-high heat. Heat oil in the frying pan. Now add in the garlic, onion, pepper, salt, and taco seasoning. Make sure you use a keto-friendly taco seasoning.
- Put in the ground beef and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until brown.
- Use a cooking spray on a non-stick skillet. Place the skillet over medium-high heat. Place the bacon in the skillet and allow to cook properly. Remove and chop the bacon into crispy bits when cooked. You will use it for the topping. Chop the avocado, tomato, and onion into pieces to be used for topping too.
- Spray the nonstick skillet again and place over medium-high heat. This time around, put in the cheddar cheese and allow to cook properly. Carefully turn it over and fry the other side until brown. If you prefer your cheese baked, then place it in an oven and bake until brown.
- Now remove from heat and place on a plate. Carefully bend the cheese while it is still soft and very warm to make a shell shape. When becomes cool, the shell will harden.
- Serve the beef in a plate with some salt and chili pepper sprinkled on top alongside the topping of bacon pieces, tomato, onion, and avocado. You can use mayonnaise too.