For breakfast, let’s prepare a dish that has its roots in Greek origin.
It’s a delicious lasagna.
But it’s not just any type of lasagna.
It’s a keto version made with grilled eggplant, creamy cheese, and ground beef all combined with some special spices to make it tasty and full of flavor.
Let’s get right to preparing it.
Keto Eggplant Lasagna
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 medium Eggplants
- 1 small Onion minced
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 6 slices Bacon grated
- 8 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Allow oven to preheat to 375oF while you are getting ingredients ready.
- Pour a small quantity of cooking oil in a large saucepan and fry the bacon over medium to high heat.
- Remove the bacon when it becomes crispy and golden, then cut into several small sizes before setting aside.
- In the same saucepan containing the bacon oil, add the onion and minced garlic. Fry lightly until they become soft.
- Add the ground beef. Sprinkle the black pepper, oregano, and salt on it and stir using a spoon. Let it cook until it turns golden.
- Add marinara sauce and let the whole mixture boil. Allow simmering till the liquid is reduced by 1/3 of the initial volume.
- While the ground beef is cooking, remove the skin on the eggplant and cut it into thin slices of about 1/4 inches in length. Grill the slices on a preheated pan making sure both sides of the eggplant slices are well cooked. Doing this will increase the awesome aroma of grilled eggplant and also give the lasagna a more firm texture. But the step is completely optional though.
- Get a baking dish ready for layering the lasagna. In the prepared baking dish, spread one fine layer of eggplant and begin to spread the bacon and cooked beef on the layer of eggplant. Spread some cheese on top before placing another layer of eggplant. Continue to repeat the process of adding layers until the baking dish is filled. On the last layer (top layer) add Parmesan cheese.
- Place it in the preheated oven and allow to bake for between twenty to 30 minutes when the cheese is melted and the layer is golden.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for roughly 5 minutes. You can enjoy it with green vegetables.