Eggplant salad is one of the easiest dishes to prepare, and that’s exactly what we are having for dinner today.
The ingredients for this dish are cucumber pickles, cherry tomato, and of course eggplants.
Because I wanted extra special flavor, I added garlic, cilantro leaves, lemon juice, and onion.
You have the option of also serving eggplant salad with any meat of your choice, such as grilled meat.
Meat will really make your eggplant salad a complete keto dinner.
Roasted beef brisket is equally a great choice to go with the eggplant salad.
And if you really want to spice things up a bit, you can add some roasted peppers too.
Keto Eggplant Salad
- 9 oz Eggplant
- 6 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 7 oz Cucumber Pickles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash the eggplants after which you should cut them into thick pieces.
- Season the eggplants with enough salt and use a foil to wrap them. Fill a pot with water and pressure cook. Remove the eggplants after 20 minutes of cooking and dry them using paper towels.
- Place the thick pieces of eggplants into a frying pan with one and a half tablespoon of olive oil and stir fry.
- When the eggplant is half cooked, cut the onion into slices and add it in. Allow the onion to simmer. When the onion becomes soft, put out the heat and allow to cool down.
- Cut the cilantro in pieces and slice the cucumber pickles into slim slices. Dice the clove of garlic finely and quarter the tomato cherry. Now mix the vegetables into the eggplant.
- Season with pepper and salt for additional flavor. Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice on top of the salad.
- Mix very well and serve.
- You may wish to use meat with your salad. However, note that the macros below do not include meat.