Now for some American cuisine, the buffalo wings in keto style are up for dinner today.
Make it extra saucy and juicy by mixing some extra sauce into the wings after cooking.
Instead of using the regular flour used for preparing chicken wings, this recipe uses coconut flour to keep things keto-friendly.
This recipe uses whole chicken wings, but you can also use drummettes for yours.
You may also choose to serve this dish accompanied by a mixture of purple and white cabbage combined with onion, mustard, and mayonnaise.
You can also add vinegar and salt to taste.
- 12 Chicken Wings
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Celery Salt
- 1.7 oz Hot Sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 Lemon optional
- 1 pinch Stevia optional
- Use the lemon to properly coat the wings and allow to dry for about 3 minutes. Then wash to the chicken wings and allow to dry properly. Alternatively, you can simply wash and dry the chicken wings without applying the lemon.
- In a mortar crush the paprika, hot sauce, garlic, pepper, vinegar, and salt. Make sure they are mixed properly.
- Use the mixed spices to marinate the washed and dried chicken wings. Place the marinated chicken wings in a refrigerator for 1 hour. Flip from side to side occasionally.
- Remove the wings from the fridge and properly coat all sides with coconut flour.
- Set your deep fryer to 375F and pour in oil for deep frying.
- Place the wings in the deep fryer and allow to fry for 15 minutes until the wings become brown. Remove from heat.
- Serve on a platter and enjoy preferably with some freshly cut cabbage.
- An alternative to deep frying the wings is to bake the chicken wings. Or you can grill the wings in the marinade used in this recipe.