This tasty and satisfying dish will make you forget you are on a keto diet.
Marinating is optional, although, this dish comes out great when you marinate the chicken breast.
This is a good way to balance your macros as this recipe combines fat (ghee and olive oil), protein (chicken), vitamins, fiber, and potassium (vegetables) in a ratio that ensures adequate macros.
- 14 oz Chicken Breast skinless
- 5.3 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 Zucchini unpeeled, diced
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/3 Onion chopped
- 1 Eggplant unpeeled, diced
Ingredients for marinade
- 1/5 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For marinating the chicken, mix all the ingredients together and stir thoroughly.
- Cut up the chicken in pieces and add the ingredients for the marinade before placing them in a bag together. Put in a refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Pour one tablespoon of ghee into a frying pan and allow to heat up. Sauté the onion and minced garlic in the ghee oil for 3 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Now cut the eggplant into small cubes and add to the onion and minced garlic. Allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini and mushrooms and add into the pan. Allow it to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken and allow to cook thoroughly. This should take about 6 minutes.
- Lastly, add the spinach into the mixture and let it sit on the heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat when the spinach begins to wilt.
- Place in a bowl and allow to cool down a bit.
- If you do not like eggplants combined with zucchini, you can use other vegetables that are low in carbohydrate, such as green beans, tomatoes, broccoli, etc. Remember to adjust the time of cooking the vegetables if you are using any other aside from the one in the above recipe.