For dinner today, let’s make a delectable Asian cuisine.
Simply get some ground pork, spices for seasoning and roll them in cabbage leaves before cooking.
Ensure that you boil the cabbage before using them to wrap the ground meat.
This will make it easy to peel the leaves and remove the core of the cabbage.
Doing this while the cabbage is still raw will probably break the leaves.
Since you won’t be needing the entire cabbage leaves for this dish, you can save them later for other recipes.
You can use any of pork, beef, or chicken for the filling.
Be flexible and experiment.
- 1.1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 2 tbsp Chives
- 1 whole Cabbage or 8 large leaves
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Dumplings Dip
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- First, get the cabbage ready. Wash the cabbage properly with water and carefully remove its core with a knife.
- Place the clean cabbage inside a deep pot filled with water. Make sure the cabbage is completely covered with water. Set the pot on a stove set to medium heat and allow to boil for 10 minutes. Ensure that the leaves on the outer part are very soft.
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to make the fillings. The ground pork should be well kneaded for smooth and uniform texture. Now divide it into 8 fillings to be used as the dumplings and set aside.
- Remove the soft cabbage and place on a chopping board. Peel off the outer layers of the cabbage and remove the veins. Place the leaves flat on top of the chopping board. Use only 8 large leaves and keep the rest of the cabbage for later use with other recipes.
- Begin to put the ground pork fillings on the flat cabbage leaves. Fold the leaves to cover the fillings completely. Fasten the leaves with a toothpick to keep the fillings in place. Repeat for all the 8 fillings.
- Place all the dumplings inside a steamer and allow to steam for 20 minutes. Ensure that the meat is properly cooked by cutting one of the dumplings into two to confirm.
- When the meat is properly cooked, remove the dumplings from the steamer.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- You can actually serve this dish with a sauce. To do that, simply use 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you prefer), 1 tablespoon of vinegar, ½ teaspoon of chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil mix thoroughly.