Avocado stuffed with chicken salad is on the menu this afternoon.
Preparing this dish is really easy.
All you need is a salad made of cooked chicken spiced up with celery, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise.
Stuff the salad in avocados and sprinkle some olive oil on it with some pepper and salt to your liking.
Lunch is ready!
To make this a complete lunch, serve it on a bed of lettuce.
You can use salmon or shrimp in place of the chicken breast.
Or you can use chicken thigh instead of chicken breast.
Let’s head into the kitchen and get this ready!
Stuffed Avocado Salad with Chicken
- 1 medium Chicken Breast cooked, sliced into small pieces
- 2 medium Avocados
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 sprig Celery
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Divide the two avocados into halves and carefully remove all the seeds. Scoop out about ¼ of the flesh out of the avocados. You should have more space in the avocados for stuffing the fillings. You will need the avocado flesh for preparing the chicken salad so keep it aside.
- Boil the chicken breast until it is well cooked. You can also bake it if you prefer. Slice the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Chop the celery and tomato into small pieces. Dice the onion too.
- Place the cooked chicken inside a mixing bowl. Add the avocado flesh, celery, onion, tomato, and the mayonnaise. Mix properly until well combined to form the chicken salad.
- Fill the hollow in the avocado halves with the chicken salad mix.
- Add some lemon juice. Season with pepper and salt to taste. You can also drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of the stuffed avocados.
- Best served with lettuce.
- For extra tastiness, you can top the chicken salad with a tablespoon of sour cream.