There’s hardly any keto dieter who will not agree that the fat-head pizza is absolutely the best form of keto-friendly pizza you can ever taste.
It is both tasty and healthy, plus it is surprisingly easy to prepare.
The fat-head pizza can easily become the favorite type of pizza for you and your family even if they do not follow a keto diet.
This recipe is for the pizza crust and for the toppings.
For the crust, you can use eggs, cream cheese, coconut flour, and shredded mozzarella.
This recipe uses bocconcini, pepperoni, salami, and mozzarella for the toppings.
You can use any keto-friendly topping of your choice, such as chicken, ground beef, bacon, mushroom, or even jalapeno.
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients.
Following a keto diet does not lock you in a tight box.
On the contrary, it opens you up to creativity with your meals.
This recipe doesn’t take long, but I will suggest that you take all the time you need to make this the best keto-friendly pizza you can prepare.
The Best Low-Carb Pizza
Ingredients for Pizza Crust
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1 tsp Flaxseed Meal optional
- 1 tsp Oregano dried, optional
Ingredients for Topping
- 10 Basil Leaves fresh
- 8 slices Salami
- 3 tbsp Marinara Sauce
- 1.75 oz Bocconcini
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded
- Set your oven to 400F and allow to preheat while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Put the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 50 seconds. Stir the mixture and place back in the microwave. Continue to remove and stir so that the mixture will not get burnt. Repeat until the cheese melts completely.
- Mix the spices inside the already melted cheese. If you prefer, add a little salt too. But note that the other ingredients have good amounts of salt already.
- To the mixture, add eggs and fold properly. Use a spoon to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add in the coconut flour and gently knead to achieve a smooth consistency. Do not over knead as that will make the dough become hardened. In which case, you will have to microwave again.
- Place a parchment paper in a pan ready for baking the pizza. Put the dough inside the pan and spread it to completely cover the surface. Use a fork to make holes in the dough to avoid bubble formation on the pizza surface.
- Place the pan containing the dough inside the preheated oven. Allow it to bake for about 15 minutes. Note that the size and thickness of the dough will determine the time it takes for the pizza to properly bake. Allow it to bake until it turns brown.
- Occasionally check to see if there are any bubbles forming on the pizza surface. Use a fork to burst any that shows up.
- When it is well cooked, remove from oven and garnish with tomato sauce. You can also top with your favorite topping. Replace in oven and allow to bake for additional 5 minutes so that the toppings will cook.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice into 8 triangles.
- Serve and enjoy!