Vegan Cherry Ripe Bliss Balls bursting with coconut, cherry and chocolate flavor making them the perfect sweet snack to enjoy any time!
These healthy Cherry Ripe Bliss Bombs are exploding with chocolate, coconut and cherry flavors and make the perfect snack to munch on at any time of the day.
I finally feel like life is slowly starting to return back to normal after all the celebrating and socializing that has been going on over the last couple of months.
Are you feeling this too?
Which means saying goodbye to everyday indulgences and hello to healthy eating once more.
These healthy little morsels are my new favorite snack.
And I have been snacking on them at all different times of the day.
For example, I have been eating them whilst running out the door as a breakfast snack…
As an after exercising snack…
For a mid-morning or afternoon filler…
And even as an after-dinner dessert alternative.
The options are endless. And I guarantee you guys are going to love them just as much as I do.
I stole the flavor combination of cherry, chocolate and coconut for these Cherry Ripe Bliss Bombs from my all-time favorite chocolate bar, the Cherry Ripe.
I love these bars.
Actually I love them soooo much, that before they sold them here in NZ I used to bring back a WHOLE suitcase full after visiting my family in Sydney.
Ok, maybe a whole suitcase is an over-exaggeration, but I did bring back more than one person should ever eat by themselves.
I just couldn’t get enough of them.
With their sweet, crunchy cherry and coconut filling. And that dark chocolate coating that encased the glorious filling.
Absolutely drool-worthy, I tell ya.
But unfortunately, I can’t go on eating Cherry Ripe bars like they are going out of fashion anymore.
Age and all that can be such a bummer sometimes.
So I converted them into these spectacular gluten and dairy-free Bliss Bombs, that I can enjoy every day without the guilt.
And I think I have got the flavor likeness spot on.
I used a combination of dates and glacé cherries for the fruity aspect of these bliss bombs, plus these guys combined make everything stick together.
Coconut was a must and brings sweetness and texture.
Raw cashews have been used cause of their neutral flavor which lets the cherry flavor shine through, but raw almonds also work well here.
Cocoa powder gives the chocolatey flavor to the balls, which you can swap out with cacao powder if you prefer.
And the coconut oil helps to harden the balls once refrigerated.
And the one thing that I love about these Cherry Ripe Bliss Bombs is that they are so easy to make.
All you need is a food processor to do all the hard work for you. A
nd all you need to do, is roll them up, wait for them to chill and then eat them up.
Too easy right?
And I would love to hear how you go with them or any of my recipes, so make sure you leave a comment below.
Cherry Ripe Bliss Bombs
- ¾ cup glacé cherries
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut + about ½ cup for rolling
- 1 cup of dried dates
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except the coconut oil into food processor and blitz for a couple of minutes until only small bits of nuts remain. Add coconut oil and blitz for a further couple of minutes. Mixture should create a ball like shape in the food processor.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place extra coconut on small plate for rolling. Using a teaspoon scoop out mixture and roll into 24 even shaped balls. Roll each one in coconut, you may have to press it a little so it sticks. Place on to baking sheet and place into fridge for at least half an hour before eating.
- These bliss bombs will last for 2-3 weeks when kept in an airtight container and left in the fridge.