I don’t know about you but I am a sucker for anything sweet. As long as its packed full of white gold (sugar that is) I will have no problem devouring it. But then I made this black plum tart. And now I have decided that sweets can lean towards the sour side also and still be just as damn good.
This gorgeous looking tart is easy to make and even easier to eat. Sharp and tart, the black plums sit in rows on a bed on puff pastry. As the cooking process proceeds the plums juices flow out, surrounding the plums with a deep red syrup. I have used canned plums for this tart so the flesh is super soft and soaked with syrupy liquid, which sweetens the tartness of the plums skins.
The puff pastry becomes light and flaky as it rises to the skies. Once tanned to a golden complexion it is ready to remove from the oven. Finished of with a slathering of warm, sweet plum jam. Quickly cut into quarters and scoop some vanilla ice cream on top while it’s still hot. The best bit is watching the ice cream melt into the plums syrup. How delish does that look?
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 10 black plums, drained, cut in half and stone removed (I used a 30oz/ 850g can)
- canola oil cooking spray or simular
- ¾ oz (20g) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup red plum jam, warmed
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Pull puff pastry out of freezer to defrost. Preheat the oven to 430 (220C).
- Prepare plums. Drain liquid from can. Cut plums in half and remove the stone.
- Spray cookie tray with cooking oil. Place parchment paper on cookie tray. Place puff pastry sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Place plum halves five rows of four leaving 1 ½ inch border
- Melt butter and spread over borders first then over rest of the tart. Lightly sprinkle sugar over tart. Place in oven for 15-20 min.
- Remove from oven. Warm jam in microwave then drizzle over whole tart. Cut in quarters and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
A Simple Weight Loss Plan
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone. There is a little-known diet plan called the Flat Belly Fix which will teach you these things. Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.Women who have followed the Flat Belly Fix reported losing up to 21 pounds and 2-4 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in the Flat Belly Fix are all backed by science.The Flat Belly Fix is the only 21-day rapid weight loss system that allows women to lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days—without feeling hungry or deprived!Check out this video on the Flat Belly Fix now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and get to your ideal weight in 21 days.