Well as I have mentioned before I love chocolate, I just couldn’t live without it. But there is also something else in my life that falls into that category and that is bittersweet caffeine enriched coffee. Now I know I am not the only one in the world that feels this way, so if you are like me then this muffin is for you.
This week I have been crazy busy doing house chores and by the end of it I definitely needed an extra pick me up. So with no delay I grabbed my muffin tray, mixing bowl and spatula and got to work on whipping up a batch of these bad boys.
You are going to love the superbly soft, moist texture of this chocolaty mix that is swirled with small chunks of crushed white chocolate chips. The splash of bitter coffee balances the flavor of the mix without being over powering.
These muffins will last for 3-4 days in an airtight container in a dry cool place.
Double Chocolate Mocha Muffins
- 9 oz 250g plain flour
- 5 oz 140g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 free range egg
- 4 oz 115g canola oil
- ½ pint 230ml milk
- ¼ cup strong black coffee for the best flavor use espresso, however instant coffee, plunger etc is fine, just make it nice and strong!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips buttons or pieces
- Heat your oven to 350 (180C) and grease or spray a 12-count muffin pan. This recipe will make 12 muffins.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl then stir in the brown sugar.
- In another mixing bowl mix you egg, milk, canola oil and espresso. Give your white chocolate a good chop either on a chopping board or by pulsing in a food processor. Add this to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined and spoon into the holes in your muffin pan. Bake them for 20 minutes or until the muffin springs back lightly when pressed. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out.