Ridiculously quick and incredibly tasty, this Easy Curried Coconut and Cauliflower Soup only requires 6 ingredients and can be on your table in less than half an hour.
I can’t believe that we are almost at the end of Spring down here is New Zealand.
The days are slowly getting longer and longer.
And the weather is improving ever so slightly, with mildly warmer days and a little less rain. But I tell you what, the nights… well, they are nowhere near being close to Spring-like.
I still find myself every night grabbing for the sweater as soon as the sun decides to call it a night.
And that hot water bottle, well it definitely is not going anywhere in the near future I fear.
The only positive thing about these chilly nights is that I can still tuck into bowls and bowls of comfort food for dinner.
Night after night, without the guilt of feeling like I should be eating something fresh and light.
There are just so many reasons why I think you guys are going to love this soup…
1. It’s healthy, tasty and comforting.
2. It’s naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
3. It’s 100% a.o.k for Vegetarians and Vegans
4. It takes less than half an hour to get into your favorite bowl for devouring.
5. It only requires six ingredients.
6. And it so super easy to make, fuss-free all the way baby.
Plus the curry powder in the soup just works magnificently with the cauliflower, flavoring it ever so slightly so that you know it’s present without kicking you in the face.
And the coconut milk, well it gives an extra exoticness to the soup.
Giving it a subtle flavor and a creaminess that won’t weigh you down like cream would.
This Easy Curried Coconut and Cauliflower Soup will last for a few days when left in the fridge in an airtight container.
It also freezes really well, so you can make up a double batch and pull it out when need be.
Let me know how you go with this recipe by leaving a comment below, hearing from you guys makes my day 😄.
Easy Curried Coconut and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & white pepper
- 13.5 oz 400ml can light coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan or pot over a medium to high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic whilst stirring for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the cauliflower florets and curry powder and continue to cook whist stirring for a few more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil then simmer until the cauliflower has become tender. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender, regular blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.