If you are a chocolate lover then beware this slice is highly addictive and there is no going back once you sink your teeth into this super sweet decadent delight. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
My favorite thing in the whole wide world is chocolate, I just can’t say no to it. It doesn’t matter what form it comes in I will always find room in my tummy for it. If you are crazy for chocolate then you will love this recipe because it really does satisfy the cravings. You know the one I’m talking about, that voice that won’t stop until you give your tastebuds the sugar hit it wants.
This recipe falls into my ‘stress free cooking’ category. That’s because it is super easy to put together and takes very limited time to do so. The hardest part is waiting for it to set. The combination of chocolate, butter and sweetened condensed milk melted together makes the most velvety base for this slice. It is so smooth and rich it basically just melts in your mouth.
The almonds and cashews on top are kept all natural, no need to roast them and no need for the salted kind either. They are good enough just how they are and give a bit more texture to the slice. The dried cranberries also give a nice fruity burst of flavor.
Oh and I also forgot to mention that this slice is 100% gluten free for all you gluten intolerant people out there.
This slice will need to be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. It will easily keep for over a week.
- 18oz (509g) dark chocolate
- 14oz (396g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ½ oz (100g) butter cut into cubes
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup cashews
- Spray a 9” (23cm) spring form cake tin or simular with non-stick oil then line with parchment paper.
- Get yourself a medium or large sized saucepan. Break or cut up the chocolate if required and place it in the saucepan along with the butter an sweetened condensed milk.
- Place the saucepan on a low to medium heat stirring the contents continually with a wooden spoon for about 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture is silky and smooth and all of the butter and chocolate has melted and combined with the condensed milk.
- Now take a spatula and pour the contents of the saucepan into your prepared cake tin, take care to pour the mixture into the center of the tin to allow it to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the cranberries, almonds and cashews over the top of the top of the chocolate mixture and press down lightly with a clean spatula or spoon so they are slightly indented into the chocolate.
- Cool the slice for around 30 minutes on the bench before transferring to the refrigerator to cool overnight before turning out and slicing.