I always make sure that I have a breast or two of this herb roasted chicken in my fridge. It is a fast and convenient way to have chicken on hand for putting into sandwiches, salads, pastas, etc… the options are truly endless.
Roasting the chicken is a healthy, no fuss way to cook chicken. The meat comes out soft and tender. The herb crust that I put on the chicken is to give a great herbaceous flavor to the meat. You can try this chicken in my HERB ROASTED CHICKEN SALAD WITH GARLIC MAYO DRESSING.
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons mixed herbs dried or fresh
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 410 (210C). Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts, presentation side up on the baking tray. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle over the herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked. The cooking time will depend on the size of the breasts. For even cooking try to select breasts that are about the same size.
I think the size of chicken breasts has changed dramatically since Julia Child’s day, which could account for some of her shorter cook time.