Welcome to this quick and easy guide on how to make ricotta cheese. Ricotta cheese is a great healthy option that is low in fat, gluten-free and vegetarian. Ricotta cheese is loaded with protein (great for vegetarians) and contains high amounts of calcium, magnesium and selenium.
Lets face it ricotta cheese is not cheap to buy, and the stuff you can buy from the store really doesn’t do it justice. This Italian cheese is low in fat and can be used for so many different sweet and savoury dishes. You will never run out of ways to use it.
Quick and easy how to make ricotta cheese
This how to make ricotta cheese recipe is unbelievably cheap and simple to make. It has a stunning creamy texture and the best thing is it takes less than half an hour to make. You will never buy it from the store again. I promise. Plus its pretty impressive to tell people you make your own cheese don’t you think?
If you need an idea to turn your fresh how to make ricotta cheese into a delicious dish then try my POTATO AND RICOTTA GRATIN.
How To Make Ricotta Cheese
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Place the milk, cream and salt in a pot or large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- At this point stir in the vinegar and take off heat.
- Stand in pot or saucepan for 5 minutes. The mixture should begin to curdle.
- Strain the mixture through a very fine strainer or muslin cloth to separate the curds. Allow to strain for 10 minutes to ensure thick and creamy ricotta.