For lunch today, I have chosen to go with kebab made from ground lamb and seasoned with pepper, dry basil, cumin, onion, and of course salt.
Kebabs are very popular around the world because of their excellent taste and nutritional value.
But we are not just eating any type of kebab.
We are preparing a keto-friendly version of kebab!
This dish is surprisingly easy to prepare, and it keeps you in the kitchen for a relatively small amount of time.
Bacon and Lamb Keto Kebabs
- 8 oz Bacon
- 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Dry Basil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut your bacon to small pieces and then chop your onion into cubes. Divide the onion cubes into 4 places and use 3 places to mix with all the bacon. Keep the remaining onion aside to be used later.
- Place the bacon and onion mixture into a food processor. Crush or grind the pieces to form a paste.
- Now pour the remaining onion unto the ground land and mix thoroughly. Season with black pepper, salt, dry basil, and cumin. Add the onion paste and bacon also. Begin to knead the mixture into firm kebab meatballs. Make sure they are firm enough so that they do not come off during cooking or frying.
- Gently drop the kebabs inside the olive oil and fry until they turn a smooth golden and thoroughly cooked.
- Place in a plate. Serve and enjoy.
- If you do not want to fry the meatballs, you can bake or grill them. You can also choose to serve this delicious dish with tomato, fresh lettuce, Greek yogurt sauce, and cucumber.