Sometimes, you just don’t have enough time to spend all day cooking, but you still need a dish that is both filling and keeps to your macro needs.
This is one meal that fulfills both requirements.
The ingredients for pesto chicken with mozzarella are only 3: chicken, pesto, and mozzarella.
And the best part?
It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, cook, and serve.
Keto Pesto and Mozzarella Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 5 tbsp Pesto
- 2 oz Mozzarella shredded
- While you are getting the dish ready, preheat your oven at 370F.
- Properly wash the chicken breast and dry. Chop it into small pieces.
- Spray a pan with cooking oil and pour 2 tablespoons of pesto in it. Add the slices of chicken and top it with the remaining 3 tablespoons of pesto.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the pan and place in the oven. Allow it to sit in the oven for 15 minutes until the meat is cooked. Do not allow the meat to overcook.
- Top the chicken with the grated mozzarella. Take off the aluminum foil and allow to cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Serve in a platter and enjoy.
- If you so desire, you can add ground black pepper and parmesan cheese to the chicken before you cook it. Make sure to add mozzarella to the chicken while it is still slightly cooked.