Zucchini is an awesome vegetable that can be combined with a wide range of other ingredients to make many keto-friendly dishes.
This recipe takes less than 25 minutes to prepare, and it effectively replaces taco shells, plus the taste is really great you wouldn’t want to miss it.
Keto Taco Zucchini Bites
- 7 oz Ground Beef
- 4.5 oz Zucchini
- 1.5 oz Cheddar Cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Ghee or cooking oil
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 medium Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven to 375F to preheat while you get the dish ready.
- Wash and cut the vegetable into slices.
- Set your stove to medium-high heat and place a frying pan on it. Pour in the ghee oil and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and season with 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Allow it to cook for 3 minutes before removing from heat.
- Now scoop a tablespoon of the spiced beef and add on top of the slices of zucchini. Put the zucchini in the preheated oven and allow to bake for 7 minutes.
- Take out the zucchini from the oven and add the cheddar to it then bake again for an extra 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add avocado and sour cream as the topping.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.
- Remember, to maintain the natural crunchiness of the zucchini, it is better to not bake it for longer periods. Salsa can be added to the beef during frying. You can equally increase or reduce the quantity of cheese. Just have it in mind that they all count toward your total macros. If you prefer butter, you can use it in place of ghee.