If you are thinking of eating hamburgers but afraid that the bread will spoil your keto diet, do not worry too much.
There is a way to eat a burger without bread.
For today’s lunch, we will make use of seasoned grilled beef, mushrooms, and melted cheese to bake our mouthwatering cheeseburger.
You may be pleasantly surprised that after making and eating this bunless bacon burger, you will bid goodbye to the regular high-carb burgers.
To make this even more attractive to your taste buds, you can serve your bunless cheeseburger alongside some tomato slice, mustard, onion, lettuce, and sugar-free tomato sauce.
Bunless Bacon Cheeseburger with Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small Egg
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 slices Bacon
- 8 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Salt to taste
- First, mix all the seasonings with the ground beef. Add the egg and the almond flour into the ground beef as well. Continue to knead until all are smoothly combined. Mold it into four meatballs.
- Make the meatballs to have a hollow shape by using a soda can. Use your hands to carefully shape the beef into a cup form and then carefully remove the soda can.
- Fill the hollow of the meatball with mushroom. Use a slice of bacon to wrap around the cup.
- Use one slice of cheese to cover the mushroom inside the hamburger. Place in the oven and set to 300F. Allow to bake in the oven for 10 minutes. When the meat is cooked, remove from oven.
- Cover it with another slice of cheese and place back in the oven. Allow to bake again for another 5 minutes so that the cheese will properly melt.
- Serve your delicious cheeseburger and enjoy.