Lunch for day 2 is the delicious and easy to make 90-second almond bread chicken sandwich.
This sandwich is very easy to prepare and cook, and it doesn’t take much time.
The good thing about a sandwich is that you can take it along to work or wherever it is you will be having your lunch break.
This is a very low-carb sandwich with avocado and chicken filling as the major ingredients.
For extra flavor, a little bit of carrot was added, but if you’re on a strictly keto diet, you can remove the carrot.
Ingredients for Almond Bread
- 1/2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
Ingredients for the Sandwich Filling
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Onion chopped
- 1 Avocado peeled
- 1 tbsp Carrot grated
- 2 oz Chicken Breast boiled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make the Almond Bread
- In a bowl, put the bread ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- When the mixture is smooth and homogenous, pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Microwave it for 90 seconds.
- Place on a cutting board and allow to cool for another 90 seconds.
- Cut into slices.
How to make the Sandwich Filling
- Shred the boiled chicken breast after preparing it.
- In a hot frying pan, add the olive oil.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and fry lightly with the onion.
- Optionally, add the grated carrots and fry lightly with the chicken pieces.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the peeled avocado in a small bowl and mash.
- Take one slice of bread and apply the mashed avocado generously on it like a spread.
- Take another slice of bread and apply the mixture of cooked chicken to it.
- Sandwich both slices. Repeat for the remaining slices and fillings.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.