Giving up pizza because you are on a keto diet seems reasonable if you want to keep to your health goals, but you do not have to give up your favorite dishes when you can simply make a keto version which is equally delicious and even more satisfying.
Depriving yourself of your favorite meals is not what keto is all about.
Keto dieting is about knowing how to make your meals keto-friendly.
Making today’s lunch is quite easy.
Simply cook ham (or any other meat you prefer) and add bell pepper, plus any low-carb pizza, and top it all with cheese.
Bake or microwave and lunch is ready to be devoured.
It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare a keto version of this crustless low-carb pizza, which is a good thing because you can actually make it as a quick snack which you can keep handy.
- 1 oz Turkey Ham sliced
- 1 oz Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Red Onion diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper sliced
- Set your stove to medium-high heat and preheat a frying pan before pouring in olive oil. Put in the turkey ham and fry for 3 minutes. Set aside. If you do not want to use ham, you can use any meat of your choice.
- In the base of a microwave-safe bowl, place the bell pepper and place the diced onion on top of it together with the ham. Top it all with the pizza sauce or tomato paste and the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Place in a microwave for 3 minutes and allow the cheese to melt. If you wish to bake, place the mixture in an oven-safe pan and bake in a preheated oven set at 370F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven or microwave.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe uses turkey ham. You can replace turkey ham with any other ham, shrimp, sausage, salami, or even pepperoni. The preparation method still remains unchanged.