Now, this is one dish you can easily fall in love with.
It is delicious.
It is easy to prepare and cook.
And it can be easily modified to suit your taste.
It contains very low amounts of carbohydrates and a good quantity of vitamins, such as B2 and B3 from the mushrooms.
The veggie (spinach) in this meal is an excellent source of magnesium, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
To make a vegetarian version of this dish, do not add the ham.
Now let’s step into the kitchen and make this delicious and keto-friendly dish, shall we?
- 3.5 oz Feta Cheese crumbled
- 3.5 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 3.5 oz Ham chopped into small pieces
- 2 oz Gouda Cheese grated
- 2 oz Baby Spinach chopped
- 1.8 oz Heavy Cream
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 dash Salt
- 1/2 Onion diced
- Set your oven to 375F to preheat.
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl and whisk properly.
- Add the heavy cream, pieces of ham, grated parmesan and gouda cheese, feta cheese, diced onion, mushrooms, spinach, and of course, salt. Thoroughly mix all into the whisked egg.
- Properly grease the pie plate so as to prevent the quiche from sticking to the plate. Spread the oil to the walls of the plate too.
- Carefully pour the entire mixture unto the plate. Ensure the mixture spreads to cover the entire plate. Place the pie plate into the preheated oven and allow to bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven after baking and allow to cool down for a bit.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.
- Cheddar cheese or muenster can be used if gouda is not readily available. Avocado oil can also be used in the place of coconut oil. For extra special taste, you can add zucchini to the quiche too. When using frozen spinach instead of fresh baby spinach, remember to thaw the spinach and squeeze it before use.