For lunch today, vegetarian, nut-free and low-carb pizza bites are on the menu.
It’s easy to prepare and cook and deliciously tasty.
Enjoy this meal with a salad to make it a complete dish.
You can also make the pizza bites non-vegetarian but still keto-friendly by simply adding ham or chorizo.
Feel free to experiment with different toppings for the pizza bites.
You can try out several types of cheeses, such as cheddar or romano.
You may also want to use coconut oil or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
The thickness of your pizza will determine to a large extent the time it takes to cook this meal.
Do make sure to check them at short intervals to make sure they are cooked as you like them.
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 oz Parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds ground
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
Ingredients for the topping
- 2 oz Zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 oz Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 2 Button Mushrooms
- 1/3 Tomato sliced into small pieces
- Set your oven to 375F and allow to preheat.
- Whisk the 2 large eggs in a bowl. Add in the Parmesan, flaxseed, olive oil, and coconut flour. Thoroughly mix the ingredients together to form a nice, smooth dough.
- Grease containers for the pizza. Make the pizza patties with a diameter of approximately 4 cm and put them in the greased containers.
- Place the containers in the oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes when the pizza must have become brownish.
- Slice the mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the sautéed mushrooms and zucchini with mozzarella on the pizza. Allow it to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the slices of tomatoes on top of the pizza bites and allow to cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.