The term “bread” seems to be a taboo in the keto world, but lunch today is the dreaded keto word bread!
This recipe contains almost no carbs at all and is a great way to get your daily protein requirement.
This recipe is only for making the bread sandwich.
Prepare any filling you prefer and serve the cloud bread sandwich with it to enjoy a complete lunch.
Keto Sandwich with Cloud Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Set your oven to 350F and allow to preheat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites placing them in separate mixing bowls.
- In the bowl containing the egg yolks, add the 3 tablespoons of cream cheese. If cream cheese is not available or you do not want to use it, you can use whole milk cottage cheese in place of cream cheese.
- In the bowl containing the egg whites, pour in the cream of tartar and whisk together. Thoroughly whip the mixture at high speed so that the mixture turns fluffy.
- Now pour the mixture of egg yolk with cheese cream (or whole milk cottage cheese) into the bowl containing the egg white mixture. Mix both together to ensure they are well incorporated. Do not mix too much though so as not to weaken the fluffiness.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet to form 10 batters having round shapes.
- Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and allow to bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Occasionally check to make sure they are not burnt. Remove from oven when it turns golden. Allow to cool down for about 5 minutes.
- While it is cooling down, make your desired filling using salmon, avocado, bacon, or any filling you prefer.
- Cut the bread into two and sandwich your filling.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy with loved ones.