Let’s have some fun with zucchini in the kitchen for lunch today.
Making breadsticks from cutting zucchini bread into long sticks and topping it with cheese is what this dish is all about, plus it is very keto-friendly.
In this dish, there are no special flavors, but you can choose to add meat, black olives, or even mushrooms to give it the flavor you desire.
It will help too if you approach this like preparing pizza.
However, I am just keeping it very simple in this recipe.
Keto Zucchini Breadsticks
- 1 Zucchini shredded
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Coriander chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven to preheat at 350F.
- Cut off the zucchini tips. Use a grater to grate the zucchini. To make long strips of slim zucchini, place the grater on its side so that the large holes of the grater face upward. Then use long strokes while grating the zucchini. When the zucchini is all grated, do away with the seeds.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini by giving the strips a hard press. This should remove excess liquid and prevent your bread from becoming soggy.
- To make the batter, get a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients together in the bowl except for the chopped coriander and the cheddar cheese. Now mix thoroughly. Pour in the grated zucchini and mix again. Ensure they are all well combined.
- Get your baking dish ready with wax paper. Pour the batter into it, making sure that it is spread evenly to cover the entire sides of the baking dish.
- Allow it to sit in the oven for 20 minutes before removing it.
- Now spread some good amounts of chopped coriander and cheddar cheese on top of the baked zucchini and place back into the oven. Allow it to rebake for an additional 5 minutes so that the cheese will melt. You may choose to increase the oven temperature just about a minute or two before you take out the bread from the oven. This will make the texture to become crisp and give it a golden color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Slice it and take off the baking sheets. Enjoy.
- Do always remember to squeeze the excess liquid out of the zucchini when preparing low-carb dishes, such as bread and pizza. If you do not do this, the excess liquid will make your dish become soggy and watery. To make sure that the presence of excess liquid is greatly diminished from your grated zucchini, you can add about 1 to 3 tablespoons of coconut flour. As a side bonus, coconut flour adds a special taste to the cheesy zucchini breadsticks.