Get approximately 3 pounds of chicken breast.
Stuff it with some nicely prepared spinach, then fry it or bake in an oven.
That’s as simple as today’s lunch is.
This meal is a great source for protein because of the chicken.
The other ingredients will make up for the high fat needs for your keto diet.
Low-Carb Chicken Stuffed with Spinach
- 1 Chicken Breast skinless, boneless
- 1 tbsp Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Spinach chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for frying
- On a stove set to medium-high heat, place a frying pan and melt the butter. Lightly fry the onion and spinach in the butter for 3 minutes. Allow the vegetables to cook until soft.
- Put the cream cheese inside the frying pan and allow it to dissolve for 2 minutes. Make sure to properly stir the cream cheese so that it mixes well with the spinach and onion. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now cut a deep pocket in the chicken breast. Season the entire chicken with pepper and salt. Ensure that the inside of the pocket is also properly seasoned.
- Stuff the chicken breast pocket with the cooked spinach. Add in some shredded cheese. Now fasten the pocket with a toothpick to ensure that the spinach filling doesn’t pour out while frying.
- Place a frying pan on the stove set to medium heat. Pour in olive oil and allow to heat up. Put the seasoned stuffed chicken into the olive oil and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Ensure the lid of the frying pan is placed on tightly. Flip the chicken over and fry the other side for another 10 minutes. When it becomes golden, remove from heat.
- Now cut the chicken in the middle to spill the spinach filling.
- Best served warm.