Today, we are spending only about 25 minutes in the kitchen to get this delicious keto lunch ready.
Mushrooms contain very low carb and are quite easy to prepare and cook.
This recipe combines mushrooms with cheese and bacon—3 keto foods that are really rich in fat and very low in carbohydrates.
The egg for this recipe will provide you with the protein macros your body requires.
Let’s spice up the mushrooms and enjoy this tasteful lunch.
Mushrooms Stuffed with Bacon and Cheese
- 12 large Mushrooms remove and chop the stems into pieces
- 3 slices Bacon
- 3 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Coriander chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Onion chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper optional
- Set your oven to 300F and allow to preheat while you are getting the dish ready.
- Thoroughly wash all the mushrooms. Cut the stems off and slice them into small pieces. Set aside the mushroom caps separately from the pieces of chopped stems.
- Use the olive oil as a cooking spray to coat a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Lightly fry or sauté the garlic and onion in the skillet. Add in the bacon and sauté until brown.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture of cooked bacon, onion, and garlic into a mixing bowl. Crack and pour the egg into the mixture. Toss in the pieces of mushrooms, grated cheese, plus coriander and stir continuously until well mixed. Add it black pepper and some salt to your liking.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with 1 teaspoonful of the cooked mixture.
- Carefully arrange the stuffed mushroom caps in a baking dish and place inside the preheated oven. Allow it to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from heat when the mushroom caps become golden.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy!