Packed with delicious super foods, this low-carb salmon recipe has got to be one of the easiest week night dinners around.
Low-Carb Salmon Recipe: Salmon the superfood
This salmon recipe is an excellent source of a number of essential vitamins.
These include vitamins B6 and B12, vitamin D, selenium, niacin and phosphorus.
Salmon is also rich in the essential fatty acid omega-3 which has a wide range of health benefits including a lower risk of heart disease and improved cholesterol levels.
It is also a great source of protein which helps you feel full longer!
This dish just screams healthy.
And super-duper tasty.
And will be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
You just can’t beat that.
Simply sauté the red bell peppers, kale and broccoli for the base.
Then pan fry the salmon and give it a crispy skin.
Then top it off by drizzling over the basil yogurt dressing.
And there you have it.
Too easy right?
And if you don’t happen to have these veggies in your fridge then don’t worry just chip and change them for what you have got.
You might like to check out our Haloumi and Chicken Kabobs recipe too!
Simple Super Low-Carb Salmon
- 1.5 lb 680g salmon skin on cut into 4 fillets
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1½ -2 heads of broccoli enough to produce 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 cups of kale leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the Basil Yogurt
- 1/3 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a high heat in a large frypan or wok. Add the red bell pepper and broccoli and sauté until tender. Add the kale and continue to sauté for another minute. Remove from heat, cover and stand for 2 minutes. The vegies will continue to cook in this time.
- In another frypan heat remaining olive oil over a high heat. When the pan is nice and hot drop in the salmon fillets skin side down whilst gently moving the pan back and forth, to ensure the skin doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-high to prevent the outside of the salmon from burning. Cook for about 2½-3 minutes before turning the salmon and cooking for another 2 minutes. Remove from pan and rest on paper towel or clean dish cloth.
- To prepare the basil yogurt dressing simply slice up the basil leaves and stir into the yogurt along with the lemon juice. Divide the vegies up onto 4 plates, place a fillet of salmon on top of each and drizzle with the basil yogurt. Too easy!