Filled with summertime flavors, these biscotti are exploding with dried mango, crystallized pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts in ever bite.
And not only have I crumbled to making one naughty recipe to share with you. I have gone and created two. And there is not even a crumb left from either of these two indulgent treats. Nothing. Nada.
But I guess that’s just how life goes sometimes. Right?
No regrets. Health kick restarts tomorrow!!!
It all started when I decide to revamp one of our most popular recipe posts here on the blog, these summery PINEAPPLE, LIME AND COCONUT MUFFINS. Because you guys love them so much I transformed them into this delicious PINEAPPLE, LIME AND COCONUT BAR. Definitely the naughtiest recipe out of the two this week. Which I totally recommend you try, if you haven’t already.
While making this bar an idea popped into my head. Why not convert some of this magnificent flavor combo into biscotti.
And OMG guys, I totally nailed it by making this into reality. Seriously, this has got to be my most favorite biscotti flavor yet.
And I am definitely a biscotti flavor expert. Like I have made a million biscotti in my lifetime.
Ex café owner and all that. We even used to have customers that came into the cafe every day just so they could get their coffee + biscotti fix on.
And all of those dunkable biscotti were made with this trusted, stress free recipe.
This is the same base recipe that I used when making THIS biscotti, which I know a lot of you have tried and loved. And if you haven’t tried it then you are going to love the perfect dunkability texture that this biscotti has.
Crunchy, without being so hard that it feels like you could break your teeth on it. Crumbly, without feeling like you have a desert in your mouth. And a firm structure so that it doesn’t fall apart in your coffee/tea when dunked. Everything you want a good biscotti to be.
And then there are the flavors!! Which are like being swept away to a tropical island in ever bite.
Now I know you guys love the whole sweet pineapple and crunchy coconut combination. But add summery sweet mango and smooth, fleshy macadamia nuts to the party and you have yourselves a taste explosion. And I like to make the ratio of fruit/nut mix to the biscotti base really high. Cause I want my mouth, and yours, filled with these summery flavor all at the same time.
Oh and did I mention that these crunchy beauties are dairy free. That gotta count for a tick towards the healthy side. Right?
Now I won’t lie to you, biscotti can be a bit time consuming to make. But in no way is it difficult. It fact it is really simple and easy. It just requires to be baked twice with a cooling down period in between. Which is the time consuming part. Other than that all that you need to do is some mixing, shaping and cutting.
Then after the wait you get to indulge in the best part of this cooking process. The dunking in a hot mug of coffee part. Pure heaven I tell ya….so worth the wait.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup coconut flakes or coconut thread
- ⅓ cup dried pineapple, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup dried mango, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 320 (160C) and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl then stir in the sugar. Add the coconut, pineapple, mango and macadamia nuts.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the mixture. Mix until combined.
- On a well floured surface such as a clean kitchen bench or table roll the mixture out onto a log about 3 inches 12 inches long. Keep your hands well floured to roll and shape the log.
- Bake for 15 minutes until a slight golden crust has formed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 (150C). Once cooled transfer the log to a cutting board and with a sharp kitchen knife or serrated bread knife, cut the log into biscuits about ½ an inch in thickness.
- Place the biscuits back on the baking tray and return to the oven and continue to bake for around 10 minutes on each side until lightly golden. Remove from oven and stand on tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
A Simple Weight Loss Plan
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone. There is a little-known diet plan called the Flat Belly Fix which will teach you these things. Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.Women who have followed the Flat Belly Fix reported losing up to 21 pounds and 2-4 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in the Flat Belly Fix are all backed by science.The Flat Belly Fix is the only 21-day rapid weight loss system that allows women to lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days—without feeling hungry or deprived!Check out this video on the Flat Belly Fix now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and get to your ideal weight in 21 days.